Thursday, January 2, 2014

Au Revoir 2013... Bonjour 2014!


2013 was a year I give myself some rest; physically and mentally. A year of rejuvenation. 

Honestly I was pushing myself a bit too hard for the past few years in order to get through my Medicine degree. Anxiety and depression kicked in from the stress I endured throughout. Besides, physically I wasn't all that healthy from studying late, irregular eating habit and infrequent exercise. Well the lists goes on. Believe it or not I actually caught a flu every 5 weeks or so. 

The reason I wanted to be a doctor was really pure naive like many first year medics which was to help people. Don't get me wrong. I really still want to do so but I learnt that the first thumb rule No. 1 is always help yourself. I am not teaching you to be selfish or self-centered or all that. But do hear me out. You can never be the best doctor or the best person to help others if you are always sick or mentally unfit. Unfit here doesn't really mean psychotic or anything severe. Mere anxiety and depression is ENOUGH to be categorized as unfit. 2012 was really a tough year for me as fourth year Medicine was so-called the toughest year of the 5 years degree. Hence, I decided to do something for myself that was to take a step back and take a break. May be you may think oh you're just weak. Bla.. di.. bla I don't care. It's my life. It's me who is living it. 

Anyway, 2013 gave me time to do things that I longed to do but had not gotten the luxury to do it. I rediscovered myself in swimming and running. Sports that I didn't think I could ever enjoy, well I did it. I pushed my boundaries and concurred my fear. Now I am totally in love and passionate in swimming and running. Besides, 2013 allowed me to do more cooking and baking. On top of that, 2013 gave me the luxury of time to go travel around Europe. I just love traveling. It just gives me a different perspective of life and broaden up my mind and soul. You know when life slows down, you kinda appreciate more the things that go around you. Things that I had hardly noticed when I was busy rushing through getting the life I want. But actually I had just missed out the life that I was having. 

Therefore, this post is a tribute to 2013. Although it was not a year of productivity, it was a year that I find my life back. A year to hold on and get ready for the bigger challenge in front of me.  Really it's a post to remind myself to always find time to slow down. Well, I am thankful. Grateful after a year of rejuvenation, I am ready to move on. 

2014 here I am STRONGER and full of HOPE <3


Random pictures from 2013

Carnival in Wattrelos, France

French Fries

Yay Baked some Oreo Cupcakes

Playing Uku in the park, Wattrelos, France

Beautiful day to read on the grass at Parc du Lion, Wattrelos, France

Red Velvet Cupcakes

Exploring the warrior inside of me (Budapest 2013)

Trying out the best food on earth (Budapest 2013)

Danube of Budapest

Relaxing day trying to find the passion of drawing once more (Wattrelos, France)

Running along the canal at the France-Belgium border

Ghent, Belgium

Zombie Walk in Lille, France

Malta 2013

Harrods, London 2013

Christmas Market, Hyde Park, London

m&m's world, London
Ice Sculpture Festival, Bruges, Belgium

Ice Sculpture Festival, Bruges, Belgium

Hope you do enjoy reading my post. Feel free to comment and Have a fab 2014.




No comments:

Post a Comment