Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Flying with Qatar Airways

Hi all, I haven't been on my blog much for the past week because I was busy packing to go back Malaysia. Well, I have arrived safe and sound in Kuala Lumpur yesterday evening after 14 hours and 5 minutes of flying plus 2 hours and 20 minutes of transit. Yes.. it is quite a long journey I suppose. Currently it's 4.57 am here but I couldn't sleep any more. Guess it's the jet lag kicking in. Therefore, I am here blogging to kill some time. 

As it's my first time flying with Qatar Airways, I would like to share with you all my flying experience and opinions. How many of you actually thinks flying is a pain in the ass? Not to mention a long haul flight (> 6 hours) and flying alone. It's boring and most of your time in the plane you will be sitting at limited positions and cramming with many strangers, literally as though sardines in a can. Worse if there were crying kids sitting around you and have been crying every one hour. It's not as if it is easy to sleep on the plane and with the howling it just makes me feel like wanna [strangle somebody]. In a nutshell, flying long hours isn't always pleasant and the least we could do to improve our experience is to choose the right airline to fly.


Flight Transit at Doha International Airport
If you are taking Qatar Airways, it's most probably that you would need to transit at the Doha International Airport. For me, the instruction was clear and easy to understand. It is based on the colour of your boarding pass (blue/yellow/burgundy) that you know which station you should go down from the free shuttle that is provided. Instructions are given on the plane before you landed and on the spot with the airport staffs holding up colour board. I have no problem whatsoever finding my following departure gate once I reached there. However, just so you know that at the transit terminal it can get a little too crowded with passengers waiting and finding their departure gates. Other than that, the transit was thankfully smooth.

Flight transit experience rated 5/5


View from the window after I boarded
Once boarded, we were given refreshing towel and sweets. Headphones were given out and kids got some goodies. I was lucky enough to be able to get my hands on one Pirate Spongebobs plush toy for my youngest sister when I saw it was given out to the kids around. Thumbs up to the air hostess that gave me one :D

Refreshing towels and blanket
Pirate Spongebob Squarepants from Qatar Airways

The aisle
The interior of the plane was fairly new and the seats were quite comfortable. At least I didn't get too much muscle ache. Good spacious leg rooms considering I still could stretch quite easily when I wanted to.

Comfort level experience rated 4/5

My seat's screen
The controller
There was a big range of movies and games on screen that you could choose from. But I really think airlines should change the screen to touchscreen instead of having the controller as it wasn't always simple to select things with all the buttons. Besides, movies should come with subtitles because with all the noise around, it is quite hard to catch the conversations in movies. Hence,

Entertainment experience rated 3.5/5

because it's good but not great with the annoying buttons and no subtitles in movies.

Food menu
My breakfast - Tomato cheese omelette, chicken sausage and mushroom
All day snack
Spicy turkey panini and cinammon cake - AWESOME
I just took pictures for the food from Doha to Kuala Lumpur (morning flight) so as you can see, it's breakfast that was served. As a tea drinker, I was impressed with the quality of tea that they served. Love it! Love the fact that milk and extra sugar were provided without asking as it was not always the case with some other airlines that I experienced before. Overall, the food quality was one of the best among other airlines. See the spicy turkey panini and cinammon cake above. It was super delicious that I nearly asked for more. Couldn't believe myself.

Food quality and satisfaction rated 4.5/5

Lastly, in my opinion Qatar Airways provides excellent customer service. All the air hosts and hostesses that I came across were polite and smiley. They were ever ready to assist with any queries.

Customer service rated 5/5


Therefore,


Overall experience rated  was 4.4/5

Well, it think Qatar Airways has done quite a good job. Anyway, this is my personal experience and the rating was based on the comparison with other airlines I have travelled with before. 

Hope you like this post and feel free to comment. Have a good day!









No comments:

Post a Comment