Sunday, December 8, 2013

Char Siu Spare Ribs


Char Siu Spare Ribs

OMG.. It's just so yummy. If you are a vegetarian, please do look away. Pardon me. 

With Belgian fries and some cherry tomatoes & sweet corns.


Okay people so this is my lunch today. Let me tell you something. This is actually my first time making this Char Siu spare ribs a.k.a chinese BBQ spare ribs. You may notice from the picture above it looked very much westernized. Haha.. as this is a Sunday lunch so anything fast will do. Sometimes something delicious and fast is just the best for a lazy bum like me. 

It turned out to be very yummy so I am excited to share with you here. TBH, I got this recipe from Taste.com.AU. Here is the link 
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/21708/sticky+char+siu+spare+ribs. The reason I used this recipe instead of the others is that it's just so simple. However, I did half the recipe as I was not going to serve 8 people. 

For the char siu sauce, I used the Lee Kum Kee one which I got it from the Asian supermarket. And for the chinese rice wine, I used the Shao Xing Rice wine which I already have at home. 


With all the ingredients listed in the recipe, I marinated the spare ribs overnight in the fridge and took it out today and oven baked for 45 minutes. Voila.. The yummilicious spare ribs are done.. Easy. 

Actually I am grateful to eat this at home because in order to savour totally u really need to use your fingers. There is no way u could use your fork and knife to take all the meat out. 

Anyway, let me know if you do try to make this. Have a good day. :)




No comments:

Post a Comment