Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Perfume



Hi All, hope you have a lovely day so far. Today, I would love to talk about PERFUME.

I have always been a person with high sensitivity to odor, especially towards bad one. Not sure if it is a gift or not. Having said that, my self-conscious of body odor gets even higher ever since my stay in France, most probably because of their meeting etiquette that requires close contact with people by kissing lightly on the cheeks, once on the left cheek, then once on the right cheek. May be that's the reason why it is so popular to wear perfume in France. When it comes to the art of perfumes, no country ranks more highly than France. Many top perfume industry such as Chanel, Christina Dior and Estee Lauder are French and in terms of international perfume sales, France is leader, with 30% of the world market.

Research has shown that human body odors are connected to human sexual attraction. The logic behind is pretty obvious eh? I don't think I would ever fall in love with a good looking guy that smell like a homeless guy ~Touch wood~ I am sure you wouldn't too. Now we know body odor is very important, besides the basics such as the scent from our body shampoo, body lotions and deodorant, there is the additional oomph, perfume. Hence, our  topic today. In my opinion, the least one could do is to keep a neutral body odor, neither too aromatic nor offensive. Of course, scent is very subjective from person to person. Depending on the occasions, the scent should always be appropriate.

Below are the perfumes I collect over the years. Some I bought myself. Some are gifts. May be I just didn't use them that much, I don't know why they normally last for ages. Anyway, I am grateful. At least I don't have to spend so much on perfume. Recently I heard someone I know finished a bottle of 100ml perfume within a week ~shocking! When asked, the reason behind was that he applied generously, about 10 sprays each time. 

~From left to right~
Escada Cherry in the Air Eau de Toilette (Limited Edition) 50ml

Christina Aguilera Secret Potion Eau de Parfum  30ml 

Dior J'adore Eau de Parfum 30ml

DKNY Be Delicious Fresh Blossom Eau de Parfum 50ml

Marc Jacobs Daisy Black Edition Eau de Parfum 50ml

Issey Miyake Pleats Please Eau de Toilette 50ml


So this actually make me wonder how much is too much? How much I need to apply to keep the perfume last longer? Hence, I did some digging and hereby wanna share with you the common misconceptions and correct ways of applying perfume.


Common misconceptions
1. Apply as much as possible
2. Rub the perfume into skin
3. Spray all over clothes

Correct ways of applying perfume 
1. Only dab on your wrist and throat when using a stronger perfume such as parfum classic or eau de parfum
2. Consider dabbing on the pulse points behind ears, on chest, inside elbows and behind knees when wearing eau de toilette or eau de cologne
3. Apply on clean and moist skin as perfume lasts longer on hydrated skin. Tips: Apply perfume right after a shower or bath
4. Spray a small amount of perfume onto skin and let it dry naturally. Rubbing  crushes the chemicals and alters the balance of scent. Spraying  perfume on clothes can cause discoloration to certain fabric. Besides, spray too much perfume can end up suffocating you and those around you.

Hope this entry helps you a little and I would end it with some quotes about perfume.

“A woman who doesn't wear perfume has no future.” 
― Coco Chanel

“A woman's perfume tells more about her than her handwriting. ” 
― Christian Dior

“You are never fully dressed without perfume!” 
― C. JoyBell C.

No comments:

Post a Comment